Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
This Week's Top News Stories on YouTube--Tragic music festivals, lots of protests, and a fired up US campaign trail.
Posted by Olivia at 12:27 PM
Thursday, August 25, 2011
NHTSA is raising awareness and teaching people just how dangerous drunk driving can be by creating their very own YouTube channel. In addition to videos showing the consequences of driving drunk, NHTSA has included an interactive game, inviting their channel visitors to step up, get behind the virtual wheel, and bust drunk drivers themselves.
Posted by Will Houghteling at 3:09 PM
Thursday, August 18, 2011
What do you think: did a government agency really spend half a million dollars to determine whether being sick impairs your ability to walk on a treadmill? Check out the video below to determine fact from fiction.
Posted by Maya Amoils at 2:20 PM
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
A collection of campaign ads from Perry's political career below highlight his history as an air force pilot, family man, and farmer. Check out the clips to see what former President Bush has to say about the Texas Governor and learn more about his political platform as the agricultural candidate who places education as our nation's top priority.
For more information, click here to visit Rick Perry's YouTube channel.
Posted by Maya Amoils at 7:14 PM
Saturday, August 13, 2011
- Riots which began in Hackney, London but spread to other UK cities were captured by many on camera, showing looters attacking property , pushing back riot police and robbing passersby in broad daylight.
- We were inspired by the words of the father of one of the young men killed in Birmingham, who called on the looters to “calm down and go home” .
- With the US credit rating downgraded and world economies in freefall, we watched the rise and fall of the markets.
- In a week where Syrian troops stepped up their violent repression of protesters across the country, we saw videos of the destruction and were amazed to see protesters still marching, defiant.
- We collected some videos of the refugee camps in East Africa still growing as desperate people flee drought and famine in Somalia
- We were also impressed by the speedy skills of Shinji Saito, the new yoyo World Champio
- The political campaign trail in the U.S. produced some YouTube highlights this week such as Governor Romney's "Corporations are people too" moment.
Posted by Maya Amoils at 4:04 PM
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
The playlist below documents the widespread disturbances--looting, arson attacks, burglary, robbery, and vandalism--that have spread across the UK this week, injuring hundreds of police officers and resulting in more than 500 arrests. British Prime Minister David Cameron has expressed his strong outrage to these “sickening scenes” which he refers to as “criminality, pure and simple, that must be confronted and defeated.” As the police and parliament work together to contain the violence, Cameron assures the public that justice will be done and people will see the consequences of their actions.
Check out the videos below for a first-hand glance of the chaos and disorder which has made its way across the UK, resulting in many inspiring and disheartening moments.
Posted by Maya Amoils at 12:27 PM
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
In the video below, Shane’s closest friends, colleagues, and family members talk about why Shane first traveled to the Middle East. Check out the clip to take a closer look at Shane’s work as a journalist and photographer before his captivity in Iran.
Posted by Maya Amoils at 6:29 PM