Gangsters, golfers and love on the troubled streets of Vancouver: This Week's Top Stories on YouTube
Everyday on the CitizenTube Channel (and @CitizenTube on Twitter) we look at how the top news stories are covered on YouTube. Every week we'll post a weekly recap of the top news stories of the week here. This week:
- We saw one of the world’s most wanted men, Whitey Bulger, arrested with his girlfriend in a Santa Monica apartment. It was the end of a long road for the elusive Boston crime boss, pursued for years by the FBI for murder.
- We watched President Barack Obama announce that 10,000 US troops will leave Afghanistan this year, in a week when another Republican challenger, John Huntsman, launched a bid to replace him.
- In the aftermath of rioting by Vancouver hockey fans, we were captivated by a story of romance that emerged from the chaos.
- We witnessed another deadly storm raging through eastern and southern China and watched a torrential downpour inflict chaos on commuters in Beijing.
- We found a new and youthful sporting hero this week as 22 year-old Irishman Rory McIlroy stormed to a record-breaking win in the US Open.
- We saw protests on the streets of Senegal’s capital Dakar force the country’s president to shelve plans for controversial constitutional change.
- We watched in naked awe as the world record for ‘skinny dipping’ was broken by 400 naked happy but cold people on a beach in Wales.